HISTORY OF THE CROISSANT (ROGAL)
The history of baking croissants dates back to pagan times. In accordance with the then-existing tradition, in the autumn, the gods were offered the sacrifices of oxen or oxen horn-shaped pastries. Later, the Church has taken over this tradition and linked it to the figure of Saint Martin. The shape of the dough was interpreted as a reference to the horseshoe lost by the holy horse.
In Poznań, the tradition of baking St Martin's Croissants (Rogal Świętomarciński) came to be known in November 1891, when the parson priest of the St Martin’s Parish, Jan Lewicki, called on the faithful to do something for the poor, following the example of the patron saint. The confectioner Józef Melzer persuaded his superior to revive the old tradition as a response to the parson's call. He baked three trays of croissants and brought them to the church. Over the subsequent years, he was joined by other confectioners, and the wealthier inhabitants of Poznań bought the delicacy, while the poor were given it for free. This tradition was adopted by the Association of Confectioners in 1901. After the First World War, Franciszek Rączyński restored the baking heritage, while Zygmunt Wasiński helped preserve the tradition after the Second World War. The tradition of baking St Martin's Croissants on 11 November has been continued in Poznań right down to the present day. On this day, the inhabitants of Poznań consume several hundred tons of this delicacy.
The Liczbańscy Bakery and Patisserie has been baking St Martin's Croissants from the establishment of their operations, dating back to 1934. We bake croissants according to the traditional recipe, using only the best ingredients. High production standards have helped us reach top positions in St Martin’s Croissant Rankings on numerous occasions. In 2011 our croissant was ranked number one by Gazeta Wyborcza ranking.
Ingredients: WHEAT flour, sugar, margarine [vegetable oils and fats (palm, rapeseed, coconut, partially hydrogenated palm), water, emulsifiers: E471 and lecithins, acidity regulator: citric acid, dye: carotenes], white poppy seeds, fondant (sugar, syrup glucose, water), MILK, EGG mass, WALNUTS, raisins, PEANUTS, candied orange peel (orange peel, sugar, acidity regulator: citric acid, aroma), yeast, aromas, salt.
Allergens: gluten, eggs, peanuts, milk, walnuts.
WE WERE TRUSTED BY
- Piekarnia-Cukiernia Liczbańscy Spółka Jawna with registered office in Poznań (Poland), ul. 28 Czerwca 1956 r. no. 173, NIP (Tax Id) 7831451476, REGON (National Business Registry) 631061102, entered into the register of entrepreneurs under KRS (National Court Register) number 0000108471, maintained by the District Court Poznań – Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznań, 8th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, sells St Martin's Croissants online on the territory of Poland. The business activity was registered by the company’s partners.
- The subject matter of the contract is a one-time service involving the transfer of the ownership of St Martin’s Croissants to the customer in exchange for payment. St. Martin's Croissants should be kept refrigerated. The suggested best-before date is 48 hours. Details of the ingredients of St Martin's Croissants, which are the subject matter of the contract, and the appearance of the packaging are provided on the website www.rogaleswietomarcinskie.com, under the “Order” tab.
- The Company has obtained the quality certificate, which confirms the compliance of the agriculture product or foodstuff process with specification no. 1.23/2013/30 issued by the Voivodeship Inspector of Commercial Quality of Agriculture and Food Products and the Commercial Quality Certificate no. 23/2013/30, which allows using the European brand of the regional product issued by the Bakers and Confectioners Guild in Poznań.
- Piekarnia-Cukiernia Liczbańscy Spółka Jawna has the following contact details: phone: + 48 61 833 40 70, e-mail email@example.com
- Piekarnia-Cukiernia Liczbańscy Spółka Jawna communicates with the customers using electronic mail and by telephone.
- Orders are made through the website www.rogaleswietomarcinskie.com in the tab “Order” after clicking the button “order with obligation to pay”. Orders can be made 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Once an order is made, the customer will receive the acknowledgement of the order with a request to confirm and indicate that the information provided in art. 12 of the act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws 2014, item 827), is contained in the Terms & Conditions on the website www.rogaleswietomarcinskie.com in the Terms & Conditions tab. The sales contract shall be concluded upon the receipt by the Seller of the order confirmation from the Customer.
- The Customer will receive a confirmation of the contract, as provided for in art. 21 of the act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827) in a durable media - a PDF, at the latest at the time of delivery of the goods.
- In order to make a purchase in the online Store, the Customer should have:
- A computer connected to the Internet.
- An Internet link (broadband recommended).
- An Internet browser with Java Script active.
- An active electronic mail account (e-mail).
- Each order has a VAT invoice or a fiscal receipt attached, depending on the option selected by the Customer in the order form.
- The Customer may withdraw the order or make changes to the order up to 24 hours from the time of concluding the sales contract.
- The information about the change or withdrawal must be emailed to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The total price for the service is provided in the tab “Order”. It is a retail price expressed in PLN and includes the value-added tax (VAT). The price stated by the item is binding to the Customer as of the time of confirming the order.
- The goods are delivered at the cost of the Customer in line with the option selected by the Customer and specified in the order.
- Shipping costs and the guaranteed delivery time are specified in the “Order” tab.
- The subject matter of the contract will be prepared for shipping within 4 days from the date the sales contract is concluded. Upon the Customer's request, the dispatch date can be postponed to a date specified by the Customer.
- The Customer shall be obligated to accept the goods and pay the price specified by the Seller, including shipping costs.
- The price for the goods ordered will be paid in advance.
- Upon the receipt of the goods the Customer will confirm their compliance at the time of receipt by a handwritten signature.
- Since the subject matter of the contract consists of goods that are liable to deteriorate and expire rapidly, the Customer shall not be entitled to withdraw from the contract according to art. 38 point 4 of the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014 item 827).
- In the event of returning the consignment by the courier, the goods will be sent back to the sender, and will be awaiting collection for the next 2 days, after which they will be disposed of.
- The Company sells goods free of any defects.
- Complaints can be filed in the registered office of the sender specified in point 1 of the Terms & Conditions. The complaints concerning products are acknowledged based on the proof of purchase and after delivering the goods claimed to the Seller's registered office. All complaints are handled at the latest within 3 working days from the date they are received.
- Detailed information regarding the options for the Customer, who is a consumer, to use the out-of-court resolution of complaints and enforcement of claims, including the rules governing the access to these procedures is available in the registered offices and at the websites of the regional (municipal) consumer ombudsmen, social establishments responsible for consumer protection as part of their statutory tasks, Voivodeship Inspectorates for Trade Inspection and at the following websites of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection: http://www.uokik.gov.pl/spory_konsumenckie.php,http://www.uokik.gov.pl/sprawy_indywidualne.php. and http://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php.
- The online store limits the use and collection of customer information only for the purpose of the accurate provision of the services and the performance of the obligations towards the customers. According to the act of 29 August 1997 on personal data protection we advise that the personal data of our Customers is stored only for the purposes relating to the execution of the order.
- For any matters not regulated in these Terms & Conditions, the provisions of the act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal o Laws of 2014 item 827) and the Civil Code shall apply.
Piekarnia-Cukiernia Liczbańscy Spółka Jawna
28 Czerwca 1956 r. 173
National Court Registry (KRS) 0000108471
Tax ID (NIP) 783 14 51 476
National Business Registry (REGON) 63106110200000